Asserson Law Offices acts for both employers and employees in providing a complete range of legal services in the employment field.
We regularly act for employers, providing advice and support in dealing with sensitive and sometimes contentious situations, including defending against employee claims and helping negotiate settlements.
We prepare employment contracts, consultancy agreements and staff handbooks, and assist both employer and employee clients in dealing with issues arising from redundancy situations or terminations of employment.
We also frequently act for senior management in respect of employment and equity arrangements on joining a new employer.
Asserson Law offices advises on all aspects of employment law, ranging from maternity rights to sick pay, and assists clients in the implementation of grievance, performance or disciplinary procedures.
Examples of recent employment law matters:
- Successfully defending a major luxury jewelry retailer against proceedings brought by two senior employees in the UK tribunals, with claims of approx. £400,000. All claims were dismissed.
- Negotiating complex employment and incentivisation packages for various CEOs and senior management on joining private equity backed businesses.
- Advising and defending an employer in respect of actions taken by a competitor concerning employees recruited by our client.
- Employment and consultancy contracts: drafting standard template employment contracts for a number of UK businesses. Drafting tailored contracts, including complex bonus provisions, for high salaried employees and consultants.
- Redundancies and pay cuts: advising employers on the implementation of controversial redundancies and pay cut proposals. Advising an employee on a contested redundancy procedure.
- Settlement agreements: advising on the negotiation of a range of settlement agreements.
- Staff handbook: revising out-of-date employment terms and drafting a new staff handbook for a leading UK software and website developer.
For more information please contact Oliver Harris