Planning and Regeneration
The planning and regeneration team at Asserson Law Offices is a specialist group dedicated to offering both the private and public sectors tailor made legal advice on a range of planning and environmental matters.
The team’s reputation is built on straightforward planning advice that helps deliver viable planning consents in as timely a manner as possible. The team has an in depth understanding of planning law and policy and has a track record of delivering innovative solutions to kick start development on some of London’s most complex sites.
The team has never failed to obtain planning permission for a major development, whether by negotiation or else at appeal, and is justifiably proud of its reputation.
The team is headed by Daniel Drukarz who is an acknowledged expert in legal planning strategy with 25 years’ experience and who is recognized in Chambers and Partners 2013 as one of the leading individuals in his field. Impressed clients call him an “exceptional individual who is able to cut straight to the heart of the challenge, offering clear strategic advice” (Chambers 2013).
The team also includes Allan Ledden, the first legal planning advisor to the Mayor of London and acknowledged contributor to the first London Plan. His experience brings a unique law firm perspective.
The team’s experience includes:
- Achieving planning consents (two planning authorities) coupled with complex infrastructure agreements for Sun Microsystems' European HQ, involving a new 500,000 sq ft office campus development on MOD land in Hampshire. We worked closely with the Secretary of State’s Office to ensure this important inward investment into the UK by this US technology giant (now part of Oracle) was not derailed by a slow and complex planning process.
- Successful defence of first ever judicial review action against the exercise of the then new Mayor of London's planning powers.
- Achieving planning consent for London and Quadrant Housing Trust's scheme for the wholesale residential led redevelopment of the Kingsland Basin in the London Borough of Hackney involving infrastructure agreements to achieve the highest standards of public realm.
- Advising on several large scale retail developments including two new foodstores in England.
- Advising on a 300 residential unit mixed use scheme adjacent to Kew Bridge in the London Borough of Hounslow including negotiating the drafting for the first discount market sale units in the borough.
- Achieving planning consent for a residential conversion of a locally listed Convent in North London, involving the quashing of the Council's decision to designate the site a conservation area, whilst also lodging a novel compensation claim against the Council under the Listed Building legislation. The site has since been acquired by Berkeley Homes.
- Advising a number of public authorities on planning relates issues including providing advice at planning committees and planning inquiries.
For details of our team's latest experience, please download our brochure here.
Otherwise, for more information about how we may be able to help you, please do not hesitate to contact us on 0203 150 1308 or email us at email@example.com.